I think the holidays are crazy for everyone. School is finally over for the semester (after a delay of 3 days due to the ice) and I’ve been using this time off as one big holiday. I am literally trying to squeeze as much as I can into this break as I can since I have no life outside of casebooks and outlines while school is in session. This is also why I haven’t written in so long. So, I thought I’d give a brief update.
- I did end up purchasing the Lincoln. I am still trying to sell the Mercedes, so please, if you know anyone that needs a car, send them my way. The “ebay” purchase for this vehicle did not go as smoothly as the Mercedes. The most I want to say about that right now is that there is a court date set for February. I’ll try to give all the details after that. This has been a huge burden and has eaten away a lot of time and effort. Like I said, more details after February.
- I’ve been trying to spend as much time as I can with friends and family. Again, it’s like there’s just not enough time for anything while I’m in school. Didn’t even have any time to put up my awesome Christmas tree or wreath this year. So far I’ve spent the majority of my free time with this cat.
- I swear over the holidays I’ve had to have gained about 10 pounds! Thanksgiving was brutal. This is when we start to begin hard core studying, so my workouts were cut from 6 days a week to 2 and for 2 weeks in a row, zero! Then, starts Christmas parties after finals and I went in with the mentality of “treating myself” for working so hard throughout the semester, which ended up going straight to my thighs 🙂 I started back at Jim Dailey Fitness last week.
- We traveled up to Missouri to visit with my brother and his 3 kids and got home last night. Sometimes I don’t even know why I have a camera. I didn’t take one picture the whole time we were there 🙁 On the way home, we stopped in Branson to hit up some of the outlet shops and after 4 hours of shopping ended up with a pair of socks and a sweatshirt. There were amazing deals, especially in Banana Republic where the entire store was 50% off, but after spending so much money on Xmas gifts for everyone, I just wasn’t up for spending more. I haven’t been shopping for myself in so long. I probably don’t even know what’s hip anymore. Probably not using the word “hip”…
- We won’t get our grades until about 3 weeks into the start of next semester. I feel like things went well, but right now, it’s just a waiting game.
- I was invited to a dinner party last week by my old roommate Jason and his wife, Jessica. We went to Acadia in the Heights. On Monday and Tuesday they offer a 3 course meal for $23.50 and you can choose from the entire menu, not just a few select items. If you get an opportunity, I highly recommend this. And, the duck was amazing!
- Apparently more than half of the “gaming” world thinks their only option for selling their old games is to go to Game Xchange. This is not the case. For those gamers out there, Wes has sold his Xbox 360 games on Amazon.com for upwards of $40 each. I believe the best that Game Xchange will do is something crazy like $20. For some extra cash sell your games, books, dvds, and CDs on Amazon.
- Have to get all my annual check-ups in while I’m on break. This includes my annual eye exam. However, I think I might get Lasik with some of the money I get when I sell the Mercedes. Haven’t decided 100% yet, but in the long run, I’ll be better off.
- My sister is getting married to Wes Jacobs in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida in April 2009. It’s going to be beautiful. We’ve rented a house on the beach and already have our flights booked.
- Not sure if it’s because of the economy or what, but the bank I have my mortgage through sent me a letter telling my monthly mortgage payment was going to decrease by nearly $200/month starting in February. This is GREAT news since last year it was increased by the same amount.
- Work is slow and December is always our worst month of the year. Nobody works in December it seems like. If we can just make it through until mid January, we should be ok. But, like I said, it’s slow.
- If you write a blog and you don’t have text-link-ads set up yet, DO IT! This is where I generate the bulk of my earnings from my blog. While Christmas online shopping, it was great to to pay with money that was sitting in my paypal account from my blog that I really didn’t have to work that hard for to earn. Trust me, it’ll be worth the set up.
I think overall, that’s about it. I’ve only been out of class since the 17th and most of the break has been spent with family for Christmas, so I’m trying to cram as much into my schedule as possible since we start back on Jan. 12. I’m not 100% sure of New Year’s plans yet, so if anyone is throwing a fabulous party, let me know.