This recipe comes from the Forks Over Knives (FOK) app and book and can be found in its original form here. FOK calls it a breakfast burrito, probably because the tofu is an egg replacement. But I add taco sauce instead of salsa and eat these for lunch or dinner on the regular!Jump to Recipe
FOK Tofu Hash Breakfast burrito
- 1 cup peeled and finely chopped sweet potato
- 1 cup yellow onion
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 pound extra-firm tofu, crumbled
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- pinch sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp taco sauce, divided
- 4 9-inch whole grain flour tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a large skillet, cook the sweet potato, onion, and sweet pepper over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, and adding water, 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time, as needed to prevent sticking.
- Add basil, turmeric, garlic, and thyme; cook and stir for 1 minute or until garlic is softened. Stir in the tofu and yeast, and season with salt and black pepper.
- Spread the mixture into a nonstick 15×10-inch baking pan. Bake 35 minutes or until tofu is lightly browned, turning occasionally.
- Spoon the tofu mixture and salsa onto each tortilla, just below the center. Fold the bottom edge of the tortilla over the filling. Fold in opposite sides; roll up tortilla.
This post contains affiliate #ad links.