This recipe comes from the Forks Over Knives (FOK) app and book and can be found in its original form here. FOK calls it a breakfast burrito, probably because the tofu is an egg replacement. But I add taco sauce instead of salsa and eat these for lunch or dinner on the regular!Jump to Recipe
FOK Tofu Hash Breakfast burrito
Recipe derived from Forks Over Knives “Big Breakfast Burrito” recipe.
- 1 cup peeled and finely chopped sweet potato
- 1 cup yellow onion
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 pound extra-firm tofu, crumbled
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- pinch sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp taco sauce, divided
- 4 9-inch whole grain flour tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. In a large skillet, cook the sweet potato, onion, and sweet pepper over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, and adding water, 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time, as needed to prevent sticking.
- Add basil, turmeric, garlic, and thyme; cook and stir for 1 minute or until garlic is softened. Stir in the tofu and yeast, and season with salt and black pepper.
- Spread the mixture into a nonstick 15×10-inch baking pan. Bake 35 minutes or until tofu is lightly browned, turning occasionally.
- Spoon the tofu mixture and salsa onto each tortilla, just below the center. Fold the bottom edge of the tortilla over the filling. Fold in opposite sides; roll up tortilla.
This post contains affiliate #ad links.